Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A frame rear fixing (2011 Roadsport SV)

Garry7

• Leadership Team

OK I give up..........how do you tighten up the recessed nut/bolt that secures the apex of the A frame to the dedion tube (under the fuel tank)? Its 19mm but my sockets wont fit beteen the nut and the edge of the circular recess (walls of socket too thick)!

Thanks

The assembly manual doesn't say anything about spacer washers on the forward fixings for the A frame. So my A frame cracked ... but there's no way of knowing that it has. It was found at the pst build inspection. New A frame required. There's another report of the same thing on here.

I suggest you call technical support and ask what to measure and where to put spacer washers.

• Leadership Team
Hi Rj52, thanks for the tip, I followed the earlier thread and called Sean - who said start with 5 half inch washers each side (as well as the big chamfered one). At first glance that still leaves a bit of room but until I get the apex tight I cannot accurately measure the gap between the dedion ears and the chassis rails. I so love the good old "assembly guide" NOT. I have a massively edited version that I have compiled as I have gone along - might send it to CC? *wavey*

• Leadership Team

OK.................I am "between jobs" at the minute so am happy to have a go. I dont have full Adobe though. If anyone has a non technical solution to this I am happy to add my very recent experiences and share the wealth of photos Sean and fellow Blat chatters have sent me.

Is there someone in the club that maintains the technical side of things that may already have a preferred format? I have all the photos saved on my laptop so would need instruction on how to upload etc.