Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Servicing / small fixes

BlueAndWhiteClassic

Richard at Automotive Engineering Uckfield (jj48 on here) is highly recommended for servicing by several people I know *smile*

Fitting a new brake switch is very straight forward, and I'd be happy to help if you want to fix it before you get the car serviced, I'm in Eastbourne.

Duncan

It is usually some "dirt/grease" inside the switch... Very easy to clean it up yourself. mine needs cleaning every few months. Some threads in the archive will give you the details.... BTW, last time I cleaned the switch, I covered the it with an isolating tape in order to prevent the dust from going inside. Need to wait and see if this would make a difference...

Ahmed

Don't assume it's broken as the lock nut moves. Check the switch is actually being pushed by the peddle correctly and adjust the lock nut if not. Once proved and if the lights still don't work then either clean the switch or replace with new (fairly cheap plastic items).

A.

Also very easy to determine if it is the switch once you've got the pedal box cover off. Switch has two connectors, pull them off and connect together with bit of wire, paper clip, bent spoon or whatever. If the brake lights come on, then it's just the switch not doing it's job, either because it's wrongly adjusted (and the "button" pushed in all the time) or because it's got crud or corrosion in it.