Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Build query-droplinks

BruceW

Just assembling my SV rear suspension.

The droplinks are attached at the back of the De Dion ears onto the brass spacer and the onto the arb via one of the fixing holes. This all looks OK but it does run at an angle rather than vertically-is this correct?

Just a trivial one i know but it does not look quite right.

Bruce

Bruce, yes it should run at an angle. Just a tip as well, check that the ARB does not foul the diff. Chances are you will have to grind a couple of mill. of the central rib on the diff for it to clear. Also on mine the wiring harness was tie wrapped to the chassis near where the ARB blocks mount and it prevented the blocks from sitting square onto the chassis, mind you dont trap the loom when tightening the blocks up. FWIW I unclipped the loom and run it through P clips mounted on top of the blocks.

Good luck.

*thumbup*

Thanks, I have had to shift the loom and was wondering how to fasten it. How did you attach a p clip to the arb blocks?

Fred-I can see the washers but i think i might need a few more to make it strictly vertical-does it actually matter if it is not spot on? Also you appear to have a washer between the top ball joint and the brass spacer. I thought something might go here but the manual was a bit vague.

Incidentally diff has been nicley ground down before delivery-plenty of clearance! I think this is now always done for you, as well as the rear lug removed.

Bruce

Edited by - Brucew on 20 Oct 2002 16:47:33

bruce just had a thought if you put a longer bolt in that one you can put more washers to space it out just make sure the bolt won't foul the link end when you put it back in .

this will let you get it in line i might just go and change the bolt on mine. now see what you have started 😬

fred *eek*