Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

DTA Problems

michaelw

Help!!

I have a DTA engine management system on a 200SX and the map keeps getting corrupt (e.g. the odd 99 in the fuel map. The solution is just to put a new map on although annoying it is fixable.

The problem I have today is that I can't access any of the map apart form the diagnostics part (first 4 columns on the screen) so I can't even upload the old map from disk. I don't think it is a password problem as you can at least normally look at the map even if you can't change it. All the other sections apart from the above say "Pin Locked" but it lets me in on the pin number I have been using for years - AAhhhhhh. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Michael.

Sorry to jump on the thread. I have never lost any data or had any problems other than a total inability to see my pc screen in the car in daylight.

I have recently watched a dta unit being mapped in a test cell but using the Windows version of the dta software which was a whole lot easier to use than my dos version. Is there an upgrade path without pain and potential loss of the maps?

Thanks guys. I couldn't even save the map to disk as the option was greyed out, that was what was worrying me but I used a master pin number to overide - thanks James.

All the figures in the fuel map were 99 apart from 1, so I think it is safe to say I have a hardware problem somewhere. It has been suggested this could be an earth problem as it never happens when I am driving always somewhere between stopping the engine and re-starting again. I suspect it is when the engine is turning over.

The only downside is I was going to use the 7 but judging by the weather this is probably a good thing.

Michael.

Thanks guys. I couldn't even save the map to disk as the option was greyed out, that was what was worrying me but I used a master pin number to overide - thanks James.

All the figures in the fuel map were 99 apart from 1, so I think it is safe to say I have a hardware problem somewhere. It has been suggested this could be an earth problem as it never happens when I am driving always somewhere between stopping the engine and re-starting again. I suspect it is when the engine is turning over.

The only downside is I was going to use the 7 but judging by the weather this is probably a good thing.

Michael.