Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Road dampers for Roadsport

Bradders

Last night the chaps at the NE club kindly advised me that my Race adjustable Bilsteins will "shake the fillings out of your heed" on the road. Hence I'm looking for a set of road dampers to smooth her out some for back road work.

Funds being a little tight, as I just bought her in Jan, so I'd like to do a swap for someone who is looking to make their car more track orientated or any racers that need spares and have some road spares knocking around the garage unused. I looked on CC's site for new ones and *cry*

My car is a Imperial Roadsport Academy De Dion narrow track. Please be gentle asking me about sizes etc as I'm still a newb, but I'm willing to investigate. My car as only just done 8,000 miles, so they should be still fairly fresh.

I've also got a few thick front ARBs to throw in for a deal if needed.

So anyone who'd like to save my fillings and keep me from the dentist, give me a shout.

Bradders.

Yup those look like the front dumpers.

How bad? Difficult to say as I'm very new to Caterhams and haven't anything else to compare to. I broke the cardinal rule and bought the first I drove (let the flamin' for that begin *redface*) Chap at the club, think it was Mick, still bit rusty on names, offered to take me out in his beautiful R400 to compare later. But mine is near on solid at the rear when you bounce it as others compress quiet well. Mine jumps around a bit on rough country roads so can be limiting when pressing on hard.

I'm sure mine are awesome on the track. I've seen videos of my car keeping up with Radicals *eek* Unless they forgot to change gear

Are you interested?

Bradders.

I can't afford them, sorry! But perhaps investigate the spring rates first before giving them away. Also, given how expensive they are, and how obviously brilliant they are on track, why not put up with them for now, and when you've saved up a few quid, lurk in For Sale and on PH and try to pick up a set of standard Bilsteins. They're not a major hassle to swap over, so then you can have a road and track car 😬

ETA: these went for little money...

Edited by - myothercarsa2cv on 29 Mar 2012 16:05:41