Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Freestyle anti-roll bar

andycox

I have been looking to upgrade my anti-roll bar from the standard thin diameter one. So I decided to look at the Freestyle web site. But I keep getting an incorrect access permission screen. So in light of not being able to see this adjustable version would anybody like to make a comment on it. Is it worth paying 2x over the standard fixed version?

Andrew

Is it SUMMER yet? 😬

Good! I thought it was me having a moment. The big issue for me is seeing what's involved in fitting it. On the very few occations I am home I prefer to drive the car rather than mess with it too much. I have heard that it is easy to adjust, a hex key? What is the range of adjustment as the last ad I saw had a typo which was one of the reasons for looking up the site.

Len if you or Gary have pictures/text you can e-mail off list that would be great.

Andrew

Is it SUMMER yet? 😬

I think we will employ Dave as our PR man. With regard to the website, someone recommended we get Sage to set up and run the site so we sent photo's and text off to them last Monday so how long do things take? Andy if you email me an address I can send you a brochure or ring me on 01892 540828 / 07946 634021 and I can talk you through it. If you live near Brands come down and if you want one we will fit it for free. As for price, here come some sales talk... if you fit our roll bar it means that you do not have to have two Caterham bars, it comes with solid mounts, a big plus, and when, or if, you sell your car you can replace with the standard item and resell our's. Just to keep you up to date with the rest of the stuff, Bruce from Arch came down last Monday saw our project's and was happy to make all the fabricated parts, which for us was a big step foward. I spoke to Simon Nearn who was was happy to let Arch make the bits so a big thanks to Caterham for helping us keep the cars' integrity. Just a funny note - we tried nicely to point out to Bruce the intricacies of our design and how it must be made and Bruce just as nicely pointed out that Lola do that when they ask him to make their Indy car wishbones, uprights etc.

Len

If you get no joy with Sage let me know, I know a man who can (ME), An adjustable anti roll bar in return for a simple web site seems like a good deal!

Graham

*confused* The not so New Competition Secretary, in fact already jaded *confused*

*cool* 1700 Live Axle X/Flow, new pb at Curb, Loton Park and Shelsley Walsh in 2002 *cool*

rear bar works the same as the front. the difference is in the mounting - it uses drop links to attach to the end of the dedion tube/ear.

There are graduations every 15 degrees or so on the bar. This scale isn't linear though.

Actually - Len - I found the brass doubled threaded thing wasn't quite long enough. ie the two bolts met in the middle before it was tight. I stuck a washer in and all was fine.

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU