Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BGH Type 9 5Spd - Heavy Duty & VX engine bits

SiCrad

Selling an unused BGH E6 2.8, Long 1st, Heavy Duty Type 9 Gearbox due to a change in direction on my rebuild - it'll be hard to mate with an R1 engine! Not sure if this will fit other engine configurations but I'm sure BGH can advise.

This gearbox has long input shaft - ordered to fit my VX.

The gear ratios are:

1:2.83

2:1.81

3:1.26

4:1.00

5:0.85

It also has the upgraded BGH alloy lid with dipstick (handy filling point!).

If you're interested then blatmail me for pictures and price. Bear in mind It cost me £1305 and it's not been used since BGH bolted it together so it won't be 50 quid *smile*

In addition:

I'll shortly be listing here (before the fleabay) various other VX engine parts - once I get around to stripping the engine. Items include Steel crank, steel h-section rods and forged alloy pistons, coscast head (big valves, ported etc), lightweight flywheel and a single plate clutch, dry sump pan and pump, compact starter motor, SBD engine loom, MBE ecu and an appropriate Stack ST8100 dash... please just ask if you're interested in anything before I get around to sorting the actual post out.

Can bring the gearbox (and indeed any other parts) with me to WightBlat next month or am happy to facilitate collection/delivery from Wilts/Hants/Berks/Somerset/Surrey or GONADS or even Shiply.com (can recommend this service if you've not tried it!)

Simon

Sad to hear the xv lump is going Simon, someone is going to get some lovely parts. Shame the market.values the components higher than a fully built up engine - what a sad waste to have had it built amd then strip it.

Good luck on the R1 engine front, and I remember the debate you had on how hot the vx cams should (or not) be.

Talk about polar opposites. *wavey*

ah mate, I'm not sorry - a change of direction is simply what I need to stimulate me to get the beastie back on the road. And since my proper sports-biking days are most definitely over post spinal surgery I am simply aiming to partially recapture past glories :)