Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil capacity (& changing it) in Brise Kidney Tank

Benedict.

Can anyone tell me what the capacity of the Brise "Kidney" Tank is, the one that sits in front of the engine? The rest of the system is the Pace dry-sump system, as far as I'm aware.

Also, in the absence of anything resembling a drain plug, what's the most effective way of removing the oil? Is it a case of sucking / pumping it out? How can you tell that you've got it all out? (I can measure what I've removed, but I'm not sure that actually proves anything)

When it comes to refill / check the level, how far up the tank should it come?

Actually, any related tips/info on this setup would be gratefully received and no doubt save me time/headscratching,

Thanks in advance,

Ben

If it has a baffle plate like the round one's the the level should be just under the plate.

to drain, other you disconect the bottom hose and use a sucking device for the rest. And to see if it's complete empty maybe a flash light could be the answer.

Surely someone with this set up can give more info. So BTTT

Thanks chaps.

Any recommendations on an oil sucker? There seem to be quite a few different types available; some of the cheaper ones have bad user reviews, but it's often difficult to tell if that's down to the user or the kit.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited for grammar what was poor like.

Edited by - _Benedict_ on 13 Mar 2012 20:51:44

I had mine modified to have a drain plug, much easier to drain.

Done by a local workshop used to weld alloy. Very cheap.

Level is aroud 2cm below the mentionned plate with engine running.

That way the oil coming back from the engine through the top of the tank, will fall on the plate and then from the plate smoothly to the oil, instead of falling directly into the oil and making air bubble.