Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SuperSprint for sale

Revin Kevin

Caterham 7, Super Sprint

Chassis

Originally 1988 long cockpit live axle chassis, complete refurbishment by ARCH in 2003, including modern foot box, re-powder coating, new internal and external panelling, modified radiator mounts and no spare wheel bracketry. Paint Green to exterior and satin black internally. Wax oiled from rebuild and retreated annually.

Chassis powder coat still in excellent condition.

Suspension, Front.

Negative camber trunnion lower wishbones, full top de dion top wishbones with correct (QR 1118S) top ball joints, blade type adjustable anti roll bar (freestyle), AVO 1.9 ID ali body shocks with 275 lb springs.Aluminium hubs.

Suspension, Rear.

Rose jointed A frame, Protech double adjustable rose jointed dampers (custom valved for this car) with 120 lb springs.

The car is currently flat floored for my weight only. Individual flat floor set up for buyer available free of charge.

Transmission

RS 2000 Tran X straight cut, close ratio, 4 speed gearbox and alloy SPC bell housing and aluminium top cover, uprated CRB. Rebuilt by Tran X 2008.

Ital axle with Quaife ATB differential. Rebuilt in 2010 with new half shafts and all new bearings. Bearings correctly shimmed.

Engine.

1760cc AX block X flow, 85mm accrilite forged pistons, 45 Dellorto Carbs, unleaded ported Oselli head, rocker assembly:-steel post and spacers, with Kent 244 cam correctly timed with duplex chain, Comp ratio 11.2 :1. Standard crank with lightened flywheel, double doweled to crank, lightened and polished rods, ARP bolts, steel front pulley and VP2 bearings, all dynamically balanced. 148bhp at the flywheel at 6400 rpm.

James Whitting alloy wet sump, with the rocker box used as an oil separator.

Lumenition constant energy ignition. Rev limiter.

High out put geared starter motor

Varley red top battery.

Facet solid state fuel pump and regulator filter.

Aluminium radiator with brand new hoses and mikalor clamps.

This engine was rebuilt in 2009 and has done approx 6k miles. This engine is oil tight

Brakes

Standard front calipers and mintex 1155 pads increased area pads, rear standard drums with uprated (¾ slave cylinders) and uprated friction material shoes.

Wheels and Tyres

Minator 6" with 185/70 13 AO21R yokohamas all round. Two brand new two half worn.

Interior

Cockpit painted satin black with Tillet low back half cover seats (cloth seats or bench seats available along with full carpet set).

Momo steering wheel.

New increased visibility doors. Full weather gear

Exterior

Cycle wings. FIA roll bar and petty strut.

The paint work has stone chips relevant to a car seven sprayed in 2003

This car has been my pride and joy far many years and has been maintained regardless of cost and time with every attention to detail particularly in minimizing weight, increasing reliability and maximizing every component.

Large amount of spares available separately.

Tax and MOT until Feb 2013

Price £9500.

Photos available on request.

Please call with any questions 07977197190

Edited by - revin kevin on 6 Mar 2012 16:39:55

Edited by - revin kevin on 6 Mar 2012 16:58:27

Edited by - revin kevin on 6 Mar 2012 17:15:07

Edited by - revin kevin on 7 Mar 2012 07:25:45

Chris,

What next?

After sitting around for too long your previous set of rear Avo shocks, revalved, and springs have been fitted. The ride is great. I was going to contact you for advice on what to fit at the front. Anything more that I should know than what is detailed in your advert?

Good luck with your sale.

Gavin

Edited by - Clousta on 6 Mar 2012 16:47:14

Gavin,

Great to know you like my old set up. As for the front pretty much as per the ad but camber/toe settings are critical to you and your driving style. If you don't want to run to the cost of an adjustable anti roll bar a 5/8" is a pretty good compromise. If you want any info on set up either mail me or give me a bell.

As for what next, this car has had 17 years of development, time for a new project!

Cheers

Chris

Chris' 7 really is maintained to an extremely high level. It is a superb example. Very well sorted and this is shown in the way goes, stops and handles. I have had the pleasure of following this car on many blats in the UK and Europe.

The new owner will be getting a crack car. *thumbup*