Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

BDR For Sale

sbesley

1990 1700 Caterham BDR Ford Cosworth 16 valve engine. Gas-flowed head with Roger King unleaded conversion. Lucas competition ignition system. Rev-limiter.

Dry-sumped. Oil-cooler. Competition exhaust.

Yellow/green nose-cone/Ali-bonnet. FIA rollbar.

Cycle wings. 13" Alloy wheels.

Full leather interior. 4-point competition harness. Full weather gear.

Battery cut-off switch.

19000 miles.

Price: £10,500

Contact me on 01502 575402 (Suffolk) or email me at sixes_and_sevens@hotmail.com

Lack of use really. In the past two years I've done a little over 2000 miles in the car and given this it is becoming difficult to justify as a little used toy.

I suspect I'll end up with another Seven eventually, but at the moment I just don't seem to get any time to play!

Hoopy - in answer to your question, engines rarely have nosecones and wings. It makes them difficult to fit in the engine bay.

Wheels, weather gear, leather interiors and the like are also usually not std. fit on engines. But I'll try anything if it means more power.

😬

Incidentally, why do you appear to be looking for a XF?

But the topic name is "BDR for sale", a BDR is a type of cosworth engine. If BDR was the model name then its worth clarifying as "BDR caterham for sale" or even "BDR caterham".

I'm not meaning to pick on sbesley, its happens fairly often, I just decided I'd speak up this time. It gets quite annoying if you are looking for an engine (or in this case I ws interested in seeing what a BDR engine was worth) and keep getting car adverts....

sorry, rant over....

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU

Don't worry Hoopy, you're not alone (scary thought *smile*), see here

I've often thought it sensible to have the "For Sale" section split into "Cars" and "Parts".

Dan

Fury K series

Warrior 1400

151bhp 😬

Edited by - dan j on 16 Oct 2002 16:44:31

Its not a crossflow, Andy. The non alloy block BDs are generally based on the Kent block with a belt driven 16v head replacing the crossflow head. So it ain't a crossflow. Its a bit like calling a Cosworth YB a Pinto.

On the other hand, I don't believe any parts can be carried over from a BDR to an F2 spec all-ali BDG.

Apologies for the confusion over the subject line, at least it helped keep the ad near the top for a couple of days!

Adrian,

I am 99% certain it is an HPC model. I'll check when I can get back to Suffolk this weekend.

Just to clarify - it is a de-dion model.

Chassis number: 5LC5134HPRD

Engine number: BDR266

Reg: H176 NRE

The engine is basically standard spec 1700BDR, it had a top-end rebuild 2 years ago.

I'll take some pics this weekend and post a link to them.

Edited by - sbesley on 17 Oct 2002 23:34:40

Just a query - has your engine an AX block? I'd imagine that it has a 711M, as mine had, and is it 'standard' spec - i.e. BD3 cams, standard valves (1.0" ex, 1.22" inlet) etc. or did Roger 'breathe' on it when the seats were replaced? You've a fine car - I remember it on Le Sept a few years ago. (H15 BDR)

Just a query - has your engine an AX block? I'd imagine that it has a 711M, as mine had, and is it 'standard' spec - i.e. BD3 cams, standard valves (1.0" ex, 1.22" inlet) etc. or did Roger 'breathe' on it when the seats were replaced? You've a fine car - I remember it on Le Sept a few years ago. (H15 BDR)

This is what I absolutely don't understand.

Folks, this car is a dream, it goes like stink, has tons of potential for future upgrades, and is, putting it short, the best thing since sliced bread. *thumbup*

The BD Cossies are world reknown for monster sound and massive performance. 😬

Why on earth hasn't it been sold by now ??? *confused*

Hold it for another few weeks, if my stocks have crawled back into reasonable regions again, *I* will bloody take it !

*Shaking my head in disbelief* - Karsten

This is my HPC saying hello to yours.Ive got 5181 but my motor is BDR266.

I take it Caterham just left them lying around and firtted whatever one they picked up and not always in order.

If you get 10.5 for yours then I paid way too much for mine!

Edited by - nigel blandin on 30 Oct 2002 11:24:39