Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitro R/C car for sale

Tom Butcher

Sorely tempted for my son as I got a HPI Trophy 3.5 for Christmas and it would be fun for us both to have one. Too many other things to pay for though unfortunately (mainly Caterham related!)...

Good luck with the sale though, looks a nice car.

Simon

Andy, Looks cool! lots of fun, have you finished running it in? I knew one of the guys in the shop i bought it from so he wacked it on their bench for me! Job done!

Toby, Under the influence with one of those also has its drawbacks!

Simon, Got a few watchers at the moment, timed it to finish on sunday afternoon, hopefully a good time time for the kids!!

With the Lipo batteries i'm giving electric another go with one of these

have you finished running it in? I knew one of the guys in the shop i bought it from so he wacked it on their bench for me! Job done

run in.... it's not even fully out of the box!!! Only ordered a starter kit today. Yet to get fuel.

What do I have to do to run it in?

Andy

You should have a section in the manual that explains how to run it in. Essentially, you do several full tanks of fuel (4 or 5) starting from just running it on the bench (no throttle) to doing figure of 8 runs using 1/4 throttle, etc. etc. before tuning the carb.

There are loads of videos on youtube which explain the process.

Worth noting that it's very important to prime the carb before trying to start and this time of year, heat the engine first with a hair dryer.

Simon

I have always done at least 1 normally 2 on tickover on the base settings for the engine. It should be on base out of the box, if not, it will describe in the manual how to get there...

It will probably struggle a bit at this stage and need re starting possibly (depending on the quality of the engine..) this is fine!

For the next 3 or 4, very slowly lean the engine out by very small amounts (1/8th turn normally recommended) during this time you can give it 1/2 throttle occasionally once the engine is hot!

Enjoy the whiff of nitrous... 😬

Enjoy the whiff of nitrous...
thanks *thumbup* missing it from having my RC plane as a kid, which I still have now hanging in my garage loft next to a part built one. I never did learn to fly it (I kept crashing them 😳) and then came girls and real cars *tongue*