Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bicycle

Ivaan

Bike wanted for tall ( 6'2" ) 21 yr old man.

He's going to use it for daily commute to Uni ect, so doesn't need to be pristine nor very expensive. Say £150 second hand value.

Last push bike I had was a Raleigh with drop handle bars and derailier gears about 40 years ago, so I'm totally lost with modern equipment.

Cheers,

Clive

I have an XLarge frame, 2000 CAAD4 Cannondale F1000SL that I don't use anymore. It is a hardtail with 85mm travel front suspension travel. I used to use it to commute to work and mountain cycle over the Malvern hills, but I don't live close enough to cycle anymore and I bought a full suspension bike for more comfort over the bumps.

2000 Cannondale F1000SL

It is the same colour as the link above. The bike has rim brakes, but the frame has fittings for disk brakes as well. When I damaged the front wheel I replaced it with a Hope disk hub, but never changed to disk brakes as they weigh more than the rim brakes the bike comes with. The seat was also replaced with a like for like as it got ripped when I had the prang with the front wheel. Apart from the front wheel and seat everything is original, including the brake pads, so you can see how much use it has had! I have some spare pads that I'll throw in, as I won't need them when the bike goes. I did have some mudguards for it, but I don't know if I still have them. If I can find them, you can have them as well. The only downside is that it doesn't have any pedals, as I use the same set on my other bike. As its going to be used to commute, you wouldn't want clip-in pedals anyway.

If you're interested, you can have it for your £150 limit, which is probably less than you can sell the frame for on Ebay! You're welcome to check the bike out beforehand, if you can get to Malvern.

Edited by - keybaud on 12 Feb 2012 17:39:38