Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Did anyone run a DL1 at Gurston Down?

Richard Price

Richard - I should have some data, will try and find it tonight *thumbup*

Malcolms right - although I never managed it in the busa 😳 just a litle lift

(there isn't a camber btw it was just my camera moved)

also you can take the first right hander up the hill far faster than you think, and you can take a lot more speed into it than you think, but do build up to it *thumbup*

rob

Rob

I bet that if you analyse the data it says that you don't need to lift, but for me this is where science looses conviction, I shall not be taking Stuart's bet, my arty brain says the science is wrong and that the driving God that sometimes picks up your car and lifts it sideways lurks a little after Hollow.

Fantastic venue though Richard, you'll love it. It's even down south!

Mr Trouble maker, I think I still might be ahead overall, but just to spread bets, I reckon Richard will and Tom won't *tongue*

I reckon flat is over 90mph in class 3 and over 100mph in class 4 and 5. There is no run off and no margin and there's dirt on the inside. It was all I could do to not brake, let alone lift on this corner. I thought about disconnecting my brake lights so the spectators didn't think I was chicken 😳

• Area Representative

Rob,

Thank you. I'll take a look

Quoting TM: 
...Do not like loosing so will close my eyes and keep the right foot planted

Neither do I, so I'll be doing the same *wink*

Quoting Stuart Miller 7: 
..., but just to spread bets, I reckon Richard will and Tom won't *tongue*

Datalogging from Wiscombe and Loton show that last year it was the other way round *wink*

Shakes head .... *rolleyes* *rolleyes*

I can see it now, nice summers day, Gurston Down at it's finest. Bunch of Sevens near the start line, everyone with gritted teeth and grim fixed expressions....welcome to the 'I didn't lift at hollow L7C trophy' *cool*

....roll forward to the finish line holding area...certain people on their knees, knelt beside their car, tears in eyes, muttering 'I lifted, I lifted... I just couldn't help it...I'm not worthy'

...roll forward to paddock, mass viewing of post-run DL-1 data and inquisition of those who claimed 'no lift'

...wrecked car in paddock, owner however has a distant expression and a huge grin, muttering 'I didn't lift though, eh, eh'

😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬