Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yawn

Hibster.

Mr Noger, the badger stuff started because I noticed you came from 'Brock'-ham *tongue*

Camera disposal is a 'needs must' situation. One has to eat y'know (and drink..... hic) *wink* .... and keep a certain car *thumbup* Mr FH really hates to have to dispose of said cameras and we've put if off for months but the line of business we are in will never make us wealthy (cameras were bought when times woz better) ho hum ☹️

FH (off to consider source of sillyness to oblige BS members)

p.s. Paul, BM is smarting at being airbrushed out of the LF cover. If you scroll through and find FA's posting, you'll see in the original that BM was third car back, and that Arnie was storming down the o/s of the line of parked cars *eek*

p.p.s. Aardvark - The only ungulate with a strictly insectivorous diet, the aardvark was first described by Pallas in 1766. Its odd characteristics have made it difficult to classify, and even today its taxonomy is still uncertain. Aardvark is South Dutch [Africaans] meaning "earth-pig".

Orukter (Greek) a tool for digging; pous (Greek), genitive podos, a foot: aardvarks have large strong feet for burrowing. Afer (Latin) African

Edited by - fullharness on 15 Oct 2002 12:00:22

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, taking Afer-vark as being the original spelling of the word, the term must be directly linked to drinking as that is what people do, afer they've finished varking at votever job they do...

BTW - where's oiseausiffler today? Is he so poorly, he can't lift hisself up to the keyboard? It's quite busy on C7 as well, but he's not there either ☹️

Latin, Afrikaans, French and possibly others that I've missed all in one thread.

Stop it, you're educating me again

Hhhhhhmmmmmmm

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm

dum de dum, I can't hear you

FX: Fades into distance with the sound of distance giggling reverating around a small corrugated iron building with wheel shaped holders fixed to the floor

Here I be!

I have just crawled out of bed and fallen down the bottom three steps onto the kitchen floor .... ouch *mad* On top of the crappy cold I have, this morning I wake up with a migraine ☹️ ☹️ ☹️.

You guys should take up Palaentology ... there are some lovely words that we use there like:

Rostroconch, Gastropod and Rhombifera oooh and Graptolites.... I like Graptolites! I often like to throw a misplaced fossil into conversation to see if anyone picks up on it ... very few people do...

Anyway ... where are the pain killers!

Alex B

p.s. SHHHHhhhhhhh!!! Don't shout .... me 'ed urts

S713UMY

1.8k Viper Blue with Crutch Straps

Edited by - abirtwisle on 15 Oct 2002 13:14:57

Yes, I'm back, and, whilst the LF cover is covered elsewhere, I should like to point out that I'm not angry about it, just confused............

Anyhoo, I'm on a short lunch, so I'm off to the playground to wreak some havoc........

See ya later *smile*

don't know why but badgers and aardvarks are just funny *thumbup* *smile*

And cam7 like badgers a lot as well....

And DH2 has passed his SVA earlier this morning *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Chemistry has good words:

Hexadentateligand is a goody

And I always liked Biology's

Parthanogenesis...

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU

Parthanogenesis... is that a Greek rock band 🤔

*confused*why do Cam7's like badgers *confused* Don't know DH2 but it looks like it was a bit of a close run getting all the stuff glued/welded/tied and painted 😳

Aaah, just found out this..............

A hexadentate ligand has six points at which it can attach to the central atom. Possibly the best known example of such a ligand is:

ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid (EDTA)

Each of the acetic acid groups can give up a proton, yielding an anion with a -4 charge. In addition, each of the two nitrogens has a pair of non-bonding electrons. So, in this most basic form, the EDTA anion has six points at which it can attach to a central atom. It does so by wrapping itself around the central atom as shown in the next figure. Note that the central atom is octahedrally coordinated. ............... but I'm none the wiser *confused*

ethylenediaminetetraacetatocalcium ion or just [Ca(EDTA)]2- now that's a goody

Edited by - fullharness on 15 Oct 2002 14:02:58

I'll get you for that Hoopy! ssshhhhh!!!

I spent three years selling chemicals for Rhone-Poulenc and used to spend hours chuckling at the mispronunciation of chemical names that our customers would come up with. One dear girl could never pronounce "Paramethoxyphenol" and would say Parmethoxyoxyoxyoxynol (and say it with a serious tone) I eventually taught her to ask for PMP.

Hmmmmm .... I walked out of that job and ended up working at a Roman Catholic Girls Convent School !!!!!

S713UMY

1.8k Viper Blue with Crutch Straps

Edited by - abirtwisle on 15 Oct 2002 14:12:06

Noger, glad that made you chuckle *tongue*

Alex, hope the co-codamol is doing its work *thumbup* My little brother used to work as a drug peddler for Rhone Poolonque *eek* then moved to Boehringer Engelheim (or however you spell it) 😳 decided to work for me while he sorted his life out and managed to do all sorts of dastardly things .... never employ a member of one's own family *mad*

PSCA...whatever...... *confused* I give up ☹️

FH

chasing.............that reminds me of a joke, but we can't talk about "those things" here any more....

Edited by - fullharness on 15 Oct 2002 15:27:24

badgers.... don't know why....

DaveD used to use it as both a swear word (oh badgers to it!) and an exclamation of joy (groovy badgers)...

but they are just very kiddy things.... *confused*

spot on with EDTA *thumbup*

but you're just being silly with chemical names *smile*

PSCMAZINTLHCSG

That'll be oxygen affinities...

Potassium, Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Aluminium, Zinc, Iron, Nickel, Tin, Lead, Hydrogen, Copper....

Pathanogeneisis is the asexula way in which bees produce workers.

Alex - What are you going to get me for 🤔 *confused*

Cocodamol... mmmm....

Not as good as morphine but it does work well. Unfortuntely even a 50mg dose did nothing for me after 10 days on it....

And aren't I good boy - I could have got 6 separate posts out of that lot...

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU