Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yawn

Hibster.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah *mad* Any person caught trying to impersonate FH will be sat on by me and their remains would not look a pretty sight after that, I can tell you 😳 A bit like roadkill I'd imagine *eek* Anyway, I'm nuthin speshal, so why would anyone want to 🤔 *confused* ☹️

As the originator of Bikeshed Culture (along with the owner of the 'green meanie') and author of "The Bikeshed Theory", a guide to matters non-Se7en related and far too silly to appear on the main library shelves, I have to protect this tome and make sure any practical experimentations are restricted to bona fide BS members. It is indeed a mammoth task, the burden of which I bear with fortitude, but we must make certain it does not become available where GG's and GOF's can be found - we must uphold our right to manifest our eccentricities -I shall remain capricious to the end *tongue*

Mr Noger, it may not have been inclement in Badgerland, but it's been pi55ing down all day here *thumbdown*

Nearly finished with "busy", t'ank de lawd 😬

FH

off to fit Mercurials to the Pixie boots *cool* *wink* 😬

Edited by - fullharness on 14 Oct 2002 19:21:50

Badgers do indeed live down here in Badgerland, I saw one glumphing along our lane a week or so ago. Was late at night and was taking the dog for his late evening wee-wee, when round the corner came this huge armadillo like thing. Quite scary I can tell you.

We did indeed miss you FH, proof (as if proof were needed) that EVERYONE is vewy speshul behind the bikesheds.

Noger - off to look up "capricious" in the dictionary. I think I have had a Capricious pizza in Pizza Express...so if I understand correctly FH says she will always be covered in ham, red peppers, anchovy, free range egg, capers, olives, mozzarella and tomatoes...but I think I that can't be right. Anchovies....bleurgh.

Hmmm

badger(ly) - greyish haired or elderly 😳

Elephant - man

armadillo - edentate

aardvark - a spurious attempt to be the first animal listed in the OED (also an edentate) Sarth Afrikaan, which leads neatly on to "Och pleeze Diidy, won't yew tek us off to Duurban, all six SEVEN of us ate noine, ten... we wanna see a flik abart Tarzin ind thee aype man, whin the shaow is over..... etc etc

Lies, lies and damned lies I tell you *mad*.... well actually, I did partake of a wee dram of the Men of Tain's finest *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* (that was me licking round the top of the empty glass)

You're probably all too young to recognise the song. Well actually so am I *wink* - It was from "Wait a Minim"... but having an eclectic range of music played in the household of my youth, I even remember some Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, oh and Bach..... I think he died quite a bit before I was born *confused* 😳

Blatman's back from his annuals, BTW and he's very cross, so please treat him gently - something to do with an airbrush *eek*

FH *cool*

Mr Noger dear, I see from "elsewhere" that you're quite a dab hand with 'things photographic'. (Sorry for the ickle hijack folks) *wink* Mr FH in his wisdom *confused* a few years ago, bought a Panasonic editing suite and some other complementary gizmo, which is still in de box 😳 He's completely re-thinking his photographic requirements and is selling a load of cameras etc (Nikon F5, F100, + lenses; Hasselblad 500CM; Mamiya RB67). He's gorn digital *tongue* ... but still keeping his 4 x 5 format field camera, for those lazy days of summer *cool*

Any ideas on a good place to sell them all - other than Mr Cad in Croydon and Andrews in Teddington 🤔

FH (proud owner of a Pentax 'idiot box') *eek*

FH - "cameras" is hardly a word to describe the photograpic beauties you listed...Mr FH is a lucky person ! Have no idea, would have said Andrews in Teddington as I used to live there. Long time since I had anything to do with such fine things.

Hoopy - Yup. Although musteline hides a multitude of sins, weasels and stoats come into this category too. What is with all this badger stuff any road up ?

Hang on a minute...this is all a bit sensible !

"I demand some sillyness. The finest sillyness known to humanity"

Noger

I agree this is all far too educational, although I'm not sure when I'll need to know the genus of the badger. I only meet badgers at parties and they always seems to be talking amongst themselves and don't get me going on stoats.

FH Tell more about BM and the air brush or was that a typo of hair brush ?