Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Autoglym 2012 Speed Champs - Entries Open

Simon.Rogers1

Hi Everyone.

I'm pleased to anounce that after lots of work from Mike Guest and a little from me and Barry the Clubs new Competitors Korner is up and running.

Please head over there to have a look and keep up to date.

All entries for the Championship will need to be completed online this year and you will need to log in to the Members area to do this. If you have any problems please contact, either myself, Mike, Sam or Barry. It really is very easy and the information we will be gathering will help Mike and I provide you with a fantastic new Spead Championship Handbook.

The more info you give the more entertaining a read it will be. If you don't complete it I know a man who can/will do it for you! *wavey*

Once you have completed the form please contact Sam to pay the entry fee which this year is £20. For this you will receive your own handbook a specially embroidered 10th Aniversary (Speed Championship) hat and t shirt.

Additional T shirts can be ordered for family and friends @ £15 each.

You will see that we have some new reporters this year who will be keeping us upto date on events and so I'm told the fashion in the paddock

If there is anything you want added or you find an error please let Mike or myself know.

Remember to fill in you PB's for the Class you are entering.

*thumbup*

Just updated the Master Results Spreadsheet.

If you open this pdf it will take you top a sheet setting out all the current results on the Club site.

Over the next week or so I hope to get all our results up there for reference - its easier to use than scrolling up and down until you find the correct ones.

Apologies for errors.

here on the left at the top of the Archive.

Great, it's all working for me, I'll complete the form and get the license application in.

Just been reading the regs, can anyone just clarify a couple of points relating to class 1/novice

-Is an LSD permitted?..... just about to fit one so want to make sure

-tyres - I've bought some Yoko A539s as I thought these were the 13" tyre of choice for class 1. However, the regs state that you can have list 1A or 1B tyres, and when I look at the blue book (admittedly 2011) 1B tyres include, CR500s or A048s for example. has something changed?

Thanks

LSD - OK for all classes including 1.

Tyres, for class 1 and 2, its List 1A only.

Yoko A539s are generally favoured for 13" wheels. Other choices available in 15"

(Scudo Stunners are popular, but now difficult to find).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: SCUDO STUNNERS NO LONGER ALLOWED - NOT IN LIST 1A IN 2012 BLUE BOOK

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think (at least I hope!!!) you've just identified a typo in the draft 2012 regs

for class 1 & 2 tyres.

BTW: Welcome to the Championship!

Edited by - Alan Bowler on 27 Jan 2012 13:07:32

Edited by - Alan Bowler on 19 Feb 2012 21:53:06