Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Deposit now placed on: Caterham Seven

Benedict.

After selling my SLR and being sevenless for (almost exactly) 3 years, I'm now looking for my next one. I thought I'd pop a post in here in case anyone's thinking of putting theirs on the market, but was either waiting until nearer spring, or hadn't quite got round to it yet.

I'm already aware of (glued to) everything on the websites of Pistonheads, Blatchat, Caterham Cars, Car and Classic, Milwood, eBay, racecar.co.uk, Autotrader and Woodcote! Being January, there's not a huge number around at the mo, though.

Ideally I'm looking for something mid 00's ish, with widetrack, LSD, & ~200bhp, such as a VHPD/DVA K series, or possibly an early, non-factory duratec.

To give an idea of the sort of thing I'm after; this one would have been on my look-at list, had it not just sold, or this one without the fancy inboard/extra-wide suspension which probably has pushed the price over my budget.

Edit to add: This is a screen cap of another that sounded ideal but went before I was in a postiion to look/buy.

Cheers,

Ben (already making plans for a 7 filled summer *cool* )

Edited by - _Benedict_ on 17 Feb 2012 11:08:33

• 4 weeks later...

A huge thanks to all who responded to this ad, especially StuB, 😶‍🌫️ as I've now agreed to buy the car he pointed me towards *smokin*

It's a low mileage, well looked after roadsport, with a great 209bhp DVA K, DS, w/track, LSD and more.

I will make a few changes to suit myself, the lowered floor being an essential one so I can physically drive it; it'll be great to work on something other than the tintop again and roll on the summer 😬

ETA: Better update my sig!

Edited by - _Benedict_ on 17 Feb 2012 11:15:21

Quoting StuB: 
... hope to see you around the Midlands area soon *wavey*

*wavey*

Absolutely I'll have to come to Hathern at some point, not been there for years. ISTR it's changed date (note to self: must check!)

Or if you ever pop down to Caterham Midlands, I'm only about 5 minutes away - in Thorpe Astley. If I'm in then the kettle's always on 😬

Ben