Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 EU3 K Series SuperSport Engine

AshleyBanks

As stated for sale is my 1.6 K series engine has done around 13000 miles and is in really good nick.

The engine is the 1600 k-series, which had a Minister engine, rebuild (3000 miles ago). It was upgraded from the standard 120bhp to the Minister Supersport conversion, which pushes the power up to 135bhp. This is the official conversion as sold by Caterham.

The whole car was serviced by James Whitting march last year.

I can supply the MEMs ECU and engine bay wiring loom if required.

I am putting a 1.8 engine into mine hence sale.

Looking for £900

I live in Frimley, Surrey. Could possibly deliver if the price is right.

Edited by - ashleybanks on 3 Apr 2012 15:18:36

• 2 months later...

My 1.8 engine is ready to go in so if anyone is interested in purchasing my 1.6 engine (still with minister seal intact) then would suggest taking a look at the 1.6 whilst it is still fitted and see it running in the car as it will be removed very shortly.

Not sure what parts I will be able to supply with the engine but will defintley include the ECU with the sale.

Thought that was quite reasonable but if the offer is reasonable then yes. I plan on removing the engine starting this weekend may take a while but you are welcome to visit and see engine running. I will take some video of the engine running but there are many members on this forum that can vouch for it being a good running engine.

True don't want to be forking out for throttlebodies just to get it all under the hood.

Which is exactly what I had to do several years ago.

I was putting a 1.8 lump in where a 1.6 had been - and was planning to use a tweaked VVC plenum with a 52mm TB. The VVC plenum is quite chunky - so I invested in the appropriate VVC engine mount to drop that side of the engine a little lower.

No way would it fit (without surgery) - I think we chucked the 1.6 plastic plenum back on for the drive home - and then I fitted Jenvey's around 70 miles later. I had planned to do that a year or so down the line - but it all came together at once. More money than I wanted to spend (especially as I was reskinning and upgrading to widetrack at the same time - but there you go!

Quoting Myles: 
True don't want to be forking out for throttlebodies just to get it all under the hood.

Which is exactly what I had to do several years ago.

I was putting a 1.8 lump in where a 1.6 had been - and was planning to use a tweaked VVC plenum with a 52mm TB. The VVC plenum is quite chunky - so I invested in the appropriate VVC engine mount to drop that side of the engine a little lower.

No way would it fit (without surgery) - I think we chucked the 1.6 plastic plenum back on for the drive home - and then I fitted Jenvey's around 70 miles later. I had planned to do that a year or so down the line - but it all came together at once. More money than I wanted to spend (especially as I was reskinning and upgrading to widetrack at the same time - but there you go!

- Been there mysel *redface*

Thanks for the heads up Paul. Alan has been in contact but he was on tight time scales so was not sure mine would be ready in time for his plans.

Hope your engine fit is going well. We'll have to meet up at Goodwood when they are both done to compare notes!

Don't test your new engines at Goodwood 😔 😔 😔

I now have a very kindly loaned 1.8Kss in my 7 - will see how that goes

(more torque/less revs) and decide on a long term plan.

Ashley - do you know if the Minister spec. Supersport upgrade includesd

anything other than the SS cams and ECU mod?

Cheers

Alan

When I bought the car the only info I had on it was.

It was upgraded from the standard 120bhp to the Minister Supersport conversion, which pushes the power up to 135bhp. This is the official conversion as sold by Caterham. So would have to assume that is all that was done.