Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

speedo sensor!?!

Jason1

help...having trouble with my sensor...it's mounted on the prop shaft(fireblade),and plugs in to my caterham loom with one lead.The other running off of it is earthed.The lead it plugs into has 2 cables,ones live the other isn't,i've got a 2 mil gap for the swipe....don't know what to do next,how can i test the sensor and the speedo,anyone got one in or near Maidstone?Jase

This is the a real problem with the Fireblade. The sensor if it is the magnetic proximity one supplied by James Whiting needs to be as close as possible to the propshaft bolts about 5 to 10 thou. You can check if it is working by checking the resistance across the two contacts needs to be about 400 ohms Alternatively you can fit a sensor with a built in LED from Farnell # 5300293. Much easier to install but you need to make a mounting bracket. For more info speak to Andy at Speedy Cables 01639 732299.

However I have mashed two sensors up when slipping off the black stuff and am trying to find a way of using the sensor that Honda have fitted to the engine.