Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicone hose kit for 1.8K R300 & related clamps

BenF

It's time for a coolant change for my 7, so I was planning on doing this in the next couple of months and thought I would replace the original hoses with new silicone ones, fit a bleed tee and get some nice hose clamps at the same time.

I've searched previous threads and there's a fair amount of info out there. Samco do kits on their website. There's a 1600/1800 dry sump kit (TCS26/H) but mine's a 1800 wet sump. Does anyone know if this kit fits?

On the subject of clamps, I was planning on getting some Mikalor ones, unless anyone has any better suggestions.

I could wait until Stoneleigh and try to buy some hoses there.... however, I'd rather do this work in the winter.

Ben

Ben

I got a set from CC the other day as my engine is coming out & thought I would change the hoses too.

They now only stock the silicone ones(in blue, to match both your car & mine!)) & the set was c. £80.I am pretty sure they are made by Samco - my car is wet sump too.

I didn't get the Mikalor clips but will be getting some - pls let me know if you find a stockist.

I tried mikalor clamps, but could not get a good reliable seal.

I used stainless jubilee clips with rolled edges. Forgotten the make, but they work well.

I think they might be JCS Hi-Grip. I found they gave me less problems/worries than the Mikalor clamps.

Quoting CageyH: 
Oh, I also fitted the Samco dry sump kit to a wet sump car.

^^^ This is very useful information about dry versus wet sump hoses. Among the various pictures of hoses I've seen while browsing, I couldn't tell the difference between the dry and wet sump kits from the main manufacturers, CC, Samco and SFS.

I think the main difference is the length of the vertical section of the bottom radiator hose. Anyway, it fits, and has pretty much all the hoses you need to change to Silicone. The only extra ones you need, are the 90 degree hoses for the heater if you still have one.