Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Changing rolloverbar Dedion

NigP

Before attempting to change rolloverbar I wonder if anybody can give me any advice on exactly what is needed. For instance do the seats have to come out to get at access hole in seat back for upper bolt of damper etc. If so how long does the fitment take and has anybody got any specific tips. Thanks

Nige

I've just fitted mine, although the seats weren't in I think by sliding the seats forward will give you enough room.I presume your'e fitting the FIA bar. Takes about 30 minutes. Make sure you have the machined thin bolts that bolt from underneath into the vertical bars. Without these you wont be able to get the shock absorber bolts back in.

Good luck.

30 minutes 🤔 that's on the optimistic side surely 🤔, especially for somebody who's not done it before...

A word of warning though - the Caterham FIA bar fixing kit doesnot contain most of the bolts required for fixing the FIA bar. it misses the special thing head bolts, the bolts for holding the back stays in place, the long thing bolts and that go outside the bar. I think it might include the bolts that go through the seatbelt, boot cover, the bar's triangle plate and then the chassis.

HOOPY Today I shall be mostly wanting to go for a blat R706KGU