Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oops! Hole in inner side skin by accident!

OliW

Hi folks,

I've been a bit of a idiot. Last night I put a drill hole in the wrong place on the inner side wall whilst locating the position of the fitting for the petty strut. I found it properly with a bit more care after a bit of swearing. I even drilled out the rivets to find it, so my coordination must be off. *rolleyes*

Anyway, now to possible solutions...

I thought perhaps I could a) fill it with something; b) tape it and pretend it's not there; c) use a circular drill bit to make one bigger tidier hole; or d) fit a new interior panel.

Has anyone else been as daft as me and fixed it up? Or does any one have any better ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Oli

what size is the minimum neat round hole you can make it,

possible soluions I guess - a black pop rivet if hole not too big so it looks like it ought to be there

bigger hole- Blind grommet

other than that if you can get behind it, Aluminium tape on back of hole, resin or putty to fill hole and a bit of paint

Tim

Thanks for the suggestions guys. A rivet would be too small for the hole and a bigger hole if drilled would be about 2cm across, I would guess. It would actually surround the strut fitting quite nicely, so a grommet may be the answer if I can drill it safely. Otherwise the tape/putty idea is a good one. Thanks. *thumbup*

Oli