Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mountaineering crampons

Sheds Moderator

I have a spare pair of Grivel Rambo 3 crampons, these are a specific steep ice climbing crampon. Having bought them about 3-4 years ago I now realise my existing BD items will more than do what I want so I won't be changing. The limiting factor for me is the foot in the boot, not the spikes strapped to it.

These are new, unused, and in the box. There is also the full set of spanners and spacers to turn them into monos of you think you are the next Stevie Haston or Andy Kirkpatrick, and the antiballing plate to keep the snow off them so you will never again need to batter your boots with your axe to clear your crampons. (yeah, right... *tongue*)

The laterst incarnation of this top-spec item is £180, so I'll take £100 and I'll post. (Or collect from Leeds).

Please note, these are not general purpose crampons suitable for a Scottish tour taking in a few gullies and ridges, they are for steep icefalls and winter mixed climbing. They will do days out in the Highlands or crossing glaciers in the Alps but it would be a waste, and there are better tools for that job.

I should clarify that these crampons can be set up with twin front points or monos, depending on your aspirations, bravery and talent. As I have few of the first, little of the second and only modest amounts of the third, I'll stick with my Black Diamond jobs that are a little more general purpose and still outperform me every day of the week on steep ground.