Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Torx sizes

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

I need to buy a couple of Torx sockets for some Torx headed bolts I have - but I'm a little baffled by the size denominations??? I have a small set of Torx head "internal" sockets, and when I compare the male T45 to the female T45 they are a completely different size *confused* IIRC I bought the T45 female for K-Series through bolts. The female T45 is substantially larger than the male T45! Am I missing something??

Stu.

• Leadership Team

That's interesting *thumbup* Strangely the T45 external socket I have for the through-bolts is also labelled E14 .... which would conform better with the dimensions on the chart! I think I need to buy a set rather than finding the individual size I need!

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Not doing the through bolts (maybe I bought the E14 for something else) but trying to get the right size for the handle bar securing bolts on my bike. Bolt head appears to be the same size as a Torx 50 so I guess it's probably E10 *thumbup*

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Yep an age related problem! 😬 *thumbup*

Fellas my M-L-C hasn't included hitting a rock-face for the sake of it yet, not like the old days, but I think it's coming!!! BOSS, I looked at your for sale add and thought "bloody hell mate aren't you getting a little old for single pointers??" My calves are hurting just thinking about it!

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 10 Jan 2012 14:54:44