Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pembrey Track Day

NoLimits

Paul / David J

I now have the costs for a Pembey Track day. Including costs and regs for the marshals etc.

Without knowing the clubs oncosts for insurance etc. i was pleasantly suprised. I shall not post the details here unless you request.

I will bring them to Llandow on Sunday.

Lets just say that 30 Cars could have a damn good open pit lane day. Without the cost being extortionate.

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Just off to check the weather *confused*

I'have not had time to get my tyres changed from the CR 500's to the 32's for track use.

I refuse to pay the likes of quick fit for a slow job. So i guess it will have to be the CR's

I am going to try the 15" CR500's in the first sesion though just to see what they are like back to back with the 13's

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

You should take a drive to Tenby , and a garage called Tenby tyres - Salterns Industrial Estate ( Check Streetmap.co.uk) , the owner is a grass track racer and will change and ballance the 4 tyres for about a tenner if you speak to him nicely *cool* . Does a top job for me every time .............. We have one of our factories opposite his premises *wink*

Dave

Dave

Talking of Tyres, I,m at Llandow tomorrow, are you popping in? *eek* or chasing another pretty ewe

Graham

*confused* The not so New Competition Secretary, in fact already jaded *confused*

*cool* 1700 Live Axle X/Flow, new pb at Curb, Loton Park and Shelsley Walsh in 2002 *cool*

I now have the figure's from No Limits *thumbup* and will make some enquirey's and do some costings.

Who else would be up for a track day at Pembrey? or is it too far from the south?

Me

No Limit's

Dave J and 3 others

Robmar

ECR

Geoff, We should look at all options for next year, but too many days at Llandow and or Pembrey will run into turnout problems I suspect. By keeping a good geographical spread this year we have managed full turnout at everyone of our 8 events *wink*

WE need to identify if it could make a safe Beginners day track? *confused*

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Rob

I was wondering whether tractor tyres would have provided more grip yesterday.

Pembrey is great in all condidtions. Good run off areas onto grass - you just spin!

Many safe passing places if required and many different corner styles. Lots of gear changes.

This is why the F1 teams ussed to test here so much prior to Bernie baning testing on non-approved circuits. ie ones he does not own!

Llandow is approx 45 second lap and Pembrey is approx 70 sec. So a fair bit longer.

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

Count me and herself in please.

If you're running sessions I'll have one novice and one intermediate please and if it's open pit lane I'll have a crowbar so I can get her out of my seat occasionally 😬

When were you thinking of running this one?