Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intermittent wiper controller

TomB

Im after an Intermittent wiper controller for a late, pre-1996 chassis change, K series S3. Mine has packed up, but I dont think I can fix it uses online references as its different inside to repair instructions, and to be honest, Im cack handed with a soldering iron *redface*

When mine packed up I did a search (after consulting on here) and bought an identical serial numbered Lucas unit only to find it had different connectors. Never did get around to fitting it, in fact it sits on the cabinet behind me as I type.

Haven't missed it too much I have to say .. just wired the wipers up to bypass the intermittent relay.

Edited by - Nifty on 4 Jan 2012 12:42:15

Is it a standard feature on the pre-96 chassis? If so, can you send me a picture of what it looks like and I will rob it off my track car for you, as I don't have wipers or the motor etc. any more. Free weight-saving in my eyes! *smile*

Mankee, thanks, Ill send a pic from home later *thumbup*

FYI its a black box a bit bigger than a fag packet, that sits on the passenger side bulk head, next or above the fuse box. It has two multi pin connection - one in from the main dash loom and one out from the box to the wiper motor. By taking out the intermittent box and connecting the cables togtherm you by-pass the box and you have slow and fast permanent wipe.