Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chris 7860

jj48

Quoting Stationary M25 Traveller: 
Could be the temperature sender on the way out, a loose earth under the dash or a travelling bubble of air touring round the system ? Did it start the first time you opened the heater ?

Its all gone a bit randaom since I had the heater fitted, so I'm going with the "air bubble" theory. Checked coolant levels, and no evidence of any leaks.

So next Q.

How to I give my Seven a blow job? *confused*

Blast - typed a reply, sent it, then lost BB connection !

If this started when you had a heater fitted - that is the biggest clue - bet there is some air in there somewhere. Open heater valve to turn it on, run engine until hot and massage/squeeze the big bottom hose to try and persuade the air to move upwards. Switch off and let it cool down. Lift front of car as high as possible. Remove expansion bottle cap, then remove the hex bleed plug in the top of the radiator to let any air out. Filling a k-series system very very slowly is the best way to eliminate air. Also drill a 3mm hole in the top side of the plate in the thermostat to allow air bubbles to pass through it.

Good luck.

This is an interesting thread; I replaced my thermostat recently because occasionally my temp guage would drop right down to nothing. It always seemed to happen on cold days on the motorway so I thought the thermostat might be stuck open and over-cooling.

I might give my big hose a squeeze at the weekend *wink*