Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Suggestions for oil/water temp switch hole

V7 SLR

I connected up the oil temp sender to the water temp gauge via a switch sited between the water temp and oil press gauges. Now I have sourced (thanks Nigey P) a dual Spa oil temp/press gauge I wish I hadn't drilled the dash for the switch. What could I use the hole for?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

V7, either you have saved several grams off the total weight of the car, so leave it looking like at TVR Tuscan grill...or put in a small warning light connected to a low oil pressure switch.

Robster.

PS have taken the 7 to work today..not a great idea as I spent the first few hours feeling like I had been through a cement mixer and walked straight through the door to be greated by the MD!! Eurobox for work, 7 for play!

I thought about installing a general LARGE warning light on the top of the dash which would be fed from the dry sump tensioner, the oil pressure "low" warning, the oil temperature "high" warning, the water temperature "high" warning and the volts "low" warning. Any of these would cause this dash-top light to come on, and then I could look back at the gauges themselves to see which one caused the condition. The Spa gauges have LEDs mounted on their faces, but the dry sump tensioner doesn't have a warning (as it's a home design), so I might install a warning light for that there.

Ta.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours