Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where can I get Fuseblocks?

I.Mupferit

I am looking for a self contained fuseblock with up to 4 fuse holders in it for fitting in the 7. I have looked on the RS CD Rom but as luck would have it they have just deleted what would have been the ideal solution.

I didn't want to use the single 'in-line' jobs as it would end up looking too messy.

So any ideas where I can get one from 🤔

Brent 😬

Brent,

Was thinking on the boring drive into work this morning... to test that it was the Vecta cutting the power to the fuel pump you could wire a small light into the circuit and then route that into the car. Just tape it somewhere while testing and then it should be lit when you disarm the Vecta and stay lit whilst driving. If it ever goes out whilst driving you know it was that!

I would still wire it direct to the ignition switch, with suitable fuse.... then it will be just the light that stops working *biggrin*

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

Phil,

Good thinking *idea*

You are right, the fusebox (which I have just ordered from Vehicle Wiring Prods. for £2.33 + vat - thanks AMMO) is intended for wiring the pump direct from the ignition + spare ways for the forthcoming HP pump and the existing in-car intercom.

So I will be rewiring the ignition & pump circuits anyway, as you suggested, but like the idea for testing the Vecta. I would like to keep it for the starter circuit if poss. as it is a visible deterrent to the opportunistic thieving, lowlife b*s*a*d* that inhabit certain areas of this planet.

Brent *thumbup* 😬