Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Switch Blanking Covers

c7kjt

Anyone know whether such a thing is available.

Went to permanent aeroscreen mode a while ago and a lot of the switches are now surplus to requirements. Will change the dash eventually but other more important things to do first.

Why not leave them in place, the cars 16 years old and they're faded to bug**ry!

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

www.7gallery.co.uk

Kevin,

I'm after exactly the same thing. I even traced the manufacturers of the switches, but they don't make a blanking plate. I have resolved either to leave the thing in or to fabricate something out of a piece of carbon fibre (I have a C/F dash). Let me know if you come up with anything.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell

How about the little stick on cf protection things for m/bikes? They are cheap - £7 for a pack of 10 spots and 10 elongated spots...

Have a look here http://www.motrax.co.uk/Accessories/Real_carbon_strips.html

I used two of the elongated bits to cover up the holes for the wipers - but I intend to leave them to be able to swap back later in life.

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

FWIW I wouldn't try cf (or fake cf) myself. The weave and colour will be almost impossible to match and it'll end up looking like a botch.

I'd either leave unconnected switches in there, use the switches for something else or source an "obvious material" blanking plate (black plastic, rubber, ali etc).