Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Parts question

BruceW

Kit arrived yesterday. Delighted!

Quick parts query, I have been checking bags and boxes and seem to be missing a 'handbrake pulley'. Is this literally a little black pulley-if so i have not got one. I assume it is still a current part too.

I'll phone Caterham for a replacement if needed. Amazing amongst all these bits if that is the only error-apart from them sending me a nice alloy 6spd gearknob instead of the 5sp.

Bruce

Out of interest - does the 6sp ali gearknob have markings that show it's for 6 sp box (guess it must do if you know you've got the wrong one). My 5 sp ali knob has no markings apart from saying Caterham!

SV 52 CAT - the Mole is flying

Dear Grim,

Way over the other side, beyond Skipton and 2 miles from (hiss) Lancs. I'm building an SV. Happy to shar any disasters or tips as they occurr! I've finished the front suspension and am half way through the steering now.

Dear Mole

The gearknob is a beautifully machined item with engravings for 6 gears and the caterham text logo. It is a lovely item which I would have kept but I suffer from a problem with my fingers (called Raynauds) which means a cold metal gearknob is not a good idea.

Bruce

Edited by - BruceW on 15 Oct 2002 12:01:21