Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Upright Tool Chests

Steve-B

HF used to be commonly referred to on BC using Steve-B's spelling until a year or two back. For me, the reasons are lost in the mists of time - might have been due in part to a 'computer says no' attitude if you didn't know exactly what the original donor car was for the part you were trying to source...

Given the support they give the club through the discount scheme, I haven't referred to them that way for some considerable time.

At the momentt you can get a top and bottom drawer set in halfords pro range for under £200 (I think it worked out about £185 with the discounts on offer) then you can get an extra 10% with the club discount. Quite tempted to get 3 sets for about £500!

Edited by - Grubbster on 20 Dec 2011 06:58:24

I've just bought the Halfords Pro 5 draw cabinet and 7 draw chest for the £200 offer they're doing. Ball bearing draws and free draw liners and top mat. Seems way cheaper than Screwfix, Machine Mart etc and good quality. Think it's worth the extra for the ball bearings; the draws on the cheaper range really feel "cheaper". Buying a Seven is such a great excuse for lots of new tools and shiny red metal boxes *smile*

Andy.

Ill second the above poster - I bought a set as a house warming present, to me, before I moved into my new house! I then put them in storage for a month, but thats a different matter .

Anyway, the professional range cabinets are significantly better, and if you can wait/ save up a bit more, Id really recommend them over the original linked item.

I spent about an hour in Halfords getting different types out of boxes and generally annoying the staff, and I decided spending more was the better choice this time. If you need any more justification, look at the RRP and just pretend that it the price they usually sell at!

PS - Ive had a dig on the HF website and this is the offer I bought mine at - drawer unit and bottom wheeled cabinet for £200 when bought together.

Go on you know you want to

ed by - TomB on 19 Dec 2011 21:28:20

Edited by - TomB on 19 Dec 2011 21:29:09

• Leadership Team

When you get some weight in the drawers, not-bearing runners are a complete waste of time. Add in a little crap over time and they get even worse. Quality work surface (I've gone for 40mm thick Beech stave) and good quality cabinets define a garage *thumbup*

Oh, and don't forget to fit some quality flooring as well 😬

Stu.