Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreens & Mirrors

Simon Piercy

Morning!

Has anyone fitted one of the SPA centrally mounted mirrors ( DT catalogue page 146 ) to their Brooklands aeroscreen frame?

I'd sooner mount it to the frame, rather than drill the scuttle. Having measured the width of the frame, it seems there's no more than 37mm to play with.

Thanks in advance

Simon,

I have a SPA central mirror fitted to the Brooklands stanchion and not drilled through to the scuttle (although I didn't do it myself). As far as I can recall it is a close fit but it is OK. My mirror is fitted with 3 countersunk bolts from underneath and I found some domed nuts for the top (a nice finishing touch if nothing else). The mirror suffers from no vibration, but I have fitted some bonnet rubber strip underneath to prevent the stanchion scratching the scuttle.

If you'd like to see a photo of the assembly then let me have your email and I'll send a piccy tonight or tomorrow.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*

I'm waiting for the new R300 retro-fittable aeroscreen to become available.

I'm still going to need the mirrors. does anyone know where to get the original R500 mirrors in either carbon or plastic at a reasonable price.

Are the Spa mirrors people talk about the original equipment R500 item?

Ms81@cant.ac.uk