Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Titon harnesses

pebblebuoys

Hi all, just got my first 7 after waiting for a long, long time and tweaking/upgradeitis has already set in *smile*

I need to upgrade both harnesses and I'm after 5 (or 6) point quick release harnesses.

What are the Titon harnesses like - they look good value and are made in the UK. Any views?

jon

Edited by - pebblebuoys on 24 Nov 2011 19:46:28

I recent;y fitted six point titan from 7Tips after discussing the options. I chose to have the belt tightening buckles such that one pulls to tighten in the opposite direction to the standard caterham q/r straps. It seemed a good idea to be easier to tighten or adjust my lap belt.

The Titon buckles are somewhat larger than the Caterham buckles (and easier to tighten being more frre running)

My car is an S3 with Tillets.

My hips are a nice snug fit into the Tillet.

With the CC harness I could set the belts to the side and slide/drop myself down into the seat from the height of about where my shoulders rest.

With the Titon I can no longer do this and catch myself on the Titon buckles, which cannot be easily pushed through the holes in the Tillets because they are larger.

The Titon is a nice piece of kit and costs much less, even in the six point arrangement, which was delivered and exactly as ordered to time and budget.

Given my time again I would want to look at having the lap buckles on the other end and see how they affect my ingress to the seat - meaning to see whether the buckles can be shoved into the lap belt holes, or not.

Right now I wish I had stuck to the CC Q/R offering, despite the higher price.

That said, I live in the hope that I may eventually find a way to be able to live with the Titon, because it really is nice kit.

I needed a new belt for competition regs.