Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My Saab 900 turbo coupe S

R500 CYA

I never intended selling this car, it's just too damned nice to sell it for what it's worth, but I've just inherited another car, so after five years of ownership I'm flogging it to pay for a reskin on my SLR and an OTT paint job of some description.

1995 900 Coupe turbo S (3 door) 190 bhp

Black with tan cloth interior

16" BBS Talladega alloys with new Michelin Primacys

also 15" BBS alloys with P6000's

All usual refinements incl. sunroof and 6 stack CD player (full Saab audio)

full history (I've owned it last five years)

new MoT and taxed til Feb

Towbar (used five times to move the 7)

Blatchat sticker

Pictures available

£3300

This is the model limited to 145 mph (although I've never checked that's the case M'lud)

It's a fab Q car, has a huge boot, has taken me from Toulouse to Calais in 7 hours in true comfort and best of all it's not a BMW, but it is built like one.

Nick

07966 227931

or email

Form an orderly queue please

Greg,

I can testify to this being a great car. It is the reason I brought mine.

Car is a fantastic Q car. V.quick and v. comfortable.

Do not mention MPG - when I am behaving it is regularly 33 ( town and motorway ) and when not c.28-29 ie 100 down the m-way mile on mile

These cars are very strong. Mine has done 40+ K in the last year with just oil changes and Abbotts upgrades...

It is a bit of a bargain. Insurance is not bad either.

Anthony

X-Flow-power; the real way forward

Thanks Anthony,

Greg, my journey to work is a 25 mile endurance up the A24, which as I'm sure you know consists of numerous roundabouts (13 actually) interspaced with short bits of dual carriageway, not ideal mpg territory, but it still does 30 mpg despite me not hanging around (not thrashed, but I like to maintain a reasonable pace!)

As for leccy bits, it's got windows, sunroof, mirrors (and heated), aerial, boot release, computer, central locking, and CD stacker. You can retro fit cruise control for £150, but I never got round to it although I kept saying I would. Basically everything you'd expect from a 7 year old luxury car.

Sadly no Abbott parts, it's all standard. Anthony has all the flash bits and his car looks the doggies now, but I'd rather spend my cash on the 7 than my everyday car which spends most of it's life in staff parking at Gatwick!

Just for the record, this sensible tin top does 0-60 in 6.9 secs, 145 mph and carries 4 people and all their luggage as well as pulling a 7. Probably not all at the same time though. Oh and the good old in gear times 50-70 mph in 4th are faster than a 355, but I've never really checked, I just like to mention to people like Mark.

Nick

humm... Tempted.

I thought anothony might pipe up with a sales pitch.

Next question - if this car is so good, why not get rid of the other one?

Also I would need to work out how to raise the funds, as I am presently doing up a house that is sucking me dry ....

Oh, does it have aircon?

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

Edited by - greg on 9 Oct 2002 21:45:15

I can vouch for these as well, I had a 900 (V6) which was built like a lump of granite and never let me down in the 45000 miles I did in it in 2 and a bit years (sold it for a 9-5 Aero estate). Bloody good cars. It's getting a bit old now though.........probably only got a few more hundred thousand miles left in it !!

Tarek

Greg,

Just back from picking the other car up, and to be honest I wonder why sell my Saab. I did 1300 miles in the new car in 18 hours non stop driving, picking it up from my Olds in Spain. It's not a patch on the Saab for gobbling up the miles, and my sexuality has been questioned greatly since people have seen me in it! (Never had that in the Saab!)

But it has 90,000 less miles, is one year old, and I can use it on track days when the SLR is not working!

So I'm selling because Arch wants my money!

And no, no aircon, it's a £1200 add on. No ta! The sun only shines two months a year and then I drive my 7!

Nick

Hi,

Yes I'll sell the alloys seperately, I'll see if I have a picture of them.

They are the multi spoke alloys (similar to Golf GTi's and the Hockenheim wheel but without the centre cap)

They have two very new P6000's and two which are legal but only by a couple of mm.

Make me an offer.

Nick