Click here if you are having website access problems ×

brake pressure sensor

catastrada

• Area Representative

Yes, I'm using one with my DL1.

I'm using one of these:- here. I actually made a an offer, and the seller came back half way between the listed price and my offer. I think I paid £20 *smile*

You'll need to tee into your one of your brake lines. I then made an aluminium adaptor between the 1/4"BSP thread of the transducer and a barke pipe compatible thread (I think I used 3/8UNF).

My transducer is actually 0-5V rather than the 1-6V that this one is. I don't know about the MXL, but in the DL1's software I found it easy enough to configure to log 0-100Bar.

The maximum I normally see is somewhere around 50bar.

I'd say that it is worth logging brake pressure if you can do it economically. I really does show you HOW you are using the brakes.

• Area Representative

I run non standard pedal box with twin master cylinders and a bias bar. I've cut the original brake pipes and made Aeroquip adaptors and connected to the mastercylinders using banjo fittings. On the front brake mastercylinder, I've got two standard banjos on one bolt. One to the brakes and the other on a short Aeroquip pipe to the transducer mounting block. When bleeding the brakes, the transducer leg needs to be bled by losening either the fitting onto the block or the transducer its self.

I'll have a look for a photo if you like? (but I can't actually get at the car at the moment to take a fresh photo)

Thank you Bob for your interesting link, I did not know this site *wavey*

Richard, I think I understand what you mean, but would be interested to see a picture if possible.

I plan to cut the copper line and to install a T.

Now I think I 've found the T with the right thread for the AIM brake pressure sensor and the 2 adaptors for the copper line.

Edited by - Catastrada on 14 Nov 2011 22:07:56

blimey, that's a bit cheaper that the Race Technology alternative! Richard, which connector type did you go for and can the sensor seller supply them too? I would guess that the screw type is more reliable.

Edited to say that if I'd bothered to read the ebay listing I'd have answered my own question. ho hum!

Edited by - Paul Deslandes on 15 Nov 2011 18:52:22

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And now my brake pressure is shown on

This video is still a test of my new configuration. The camera need to be mounted lower and sound need to be improved too.

Now I know how much I need to improve the way I use my brakes....

Edited by - Catastrada on 2 Apr 2012 16:19:23