Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear lights

Rj52car

Rear light link

Has anyone fitted a rear light cluster like this instead of the standard caravan catastrophe ?

I love every bit of the Classic that we're building except for the rear lights.

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:21:22

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:22:08

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:22:55

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:23:27

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:24:31

Edited by - Rj52car on 13 Nov 2011 09:25:36

The link does not work.

I have just ordered chrome led rear lights for a Honda cruiser from flee bay, it's just a line of leds with tail,stop & indicator lights. however it's not road legal as it doen't has a reflector and since it's for a track car it doesn't really matter to me.

I think he means a pair of these. How much! *eek*

I have to say I'm not a fan of these type of lights as there seems to be very little to distinguish between the brake lights and the indicator when both are on at the same time. Separate stop, tail and indicators have worked well enough for years.....perhaps I'm just a GOM 😬

I'd echo Aeroscreen comments, I struggle sometimes with tintops that have combined lights like that, when they are braking and indicating at the same time, it all blurrs into one.

Its also worth thinking about if these light will provide sufficient load to get the Flasher unit to work correctly, as the old traditional design needs a load to flash at the correct speed, otherwise it flashes rapidly or stays on! not sure what flasher unit you have.

I fitted a set of Land Rover rear lamps - 2 x stop tails and an indicator each side. Luckily they pretty well covered the holes where the caravan light originally sat.

Very pleased with the - in my opinion - better look.

Another local owner has also used the LR lamps but using 1 x stop/tail, 1 x rear fog and the indicator (also now using LED bulbs in them)...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried these CC rear light clusters with the clear lens and using the CC led bulbs?

here

They look better than the standard lights but I wonder if they are as bright when used with the led bulbs? I was also considering clear lens on the front indicator to replace the standard orange lens and using an orange led bulb.

Any thoughts / experience, most appreciated.

I looked at some of the products from here but it would need some mods not least a mounting bracket for the stop/tail and indicator set to ensure that they met standards.

I saw an article (that I think was posted by a Land Rover owning 7'er - thou I don't think it was CBB, where these were used to replace the std LR front indicators and I guessed that they may fit on a 7.

Mike

Edited by - michaeljclark on 9 Jan 2012 21:09:59