Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Factory Set-up. Any good?

Al Crickmore

Take it to Hyperion, they can corner-weight it for you as well as setting up the ride height etc.

AFAIK they set up the R300 thats been getting rave reviews in the press so they should know what they are doing.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings. Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️

This is a question i asked one of the mechanics at Caterham recently . He intimated that if no preference was given during build preparation, then a compromise series of settings would be applied. He specifically mentioned ride height was usually on the higher ( safe side ) to reduce the number of claims for replacement sumps ! . I would be very interested to find out of there is a definitive answer re standard factory set up. Also it would be useful to have a description of Hyperion setup used for the R300 tested by EVO . Cheers, Matt

Superlight No 187 !

Al, I was going to have mine set-up, albeit by Norfolks very own Bentley boy(Marc hicks) on a set of scales he was going to borrow. If that fell through I was going to go to Hyperion.

Then I crashed it and wrecked most (all) the suspension ☹️

Tom Hodges had his car done there as part of his accident rebuild and he reckons it handles better than ever now.

Nick

P8MRA - The green one with red wings. Which is now bent ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad* ☹️