Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Discovery II TD5 - £2500 ish ?

Nifty

I have a "spare" Discovery that needs to find a new home.

1999, early Series II TD5, 5 seater in dark green, cloth interior.

High mileage - 155,000 but has had the flywheel and clutch assembly replaced 18 months ago and the gearbox reconditioned.

(Edited to point out it's a manual )

Engine could comfortably have another 100,000 in it.

Chassis is good for it's age (has been waxoyled by previous owners and by me) but bodywork is a little tired, front bumper cracked on corner and repaired, headlamp washer body cracked.

Twin sunroof model but rear sunroof was leaking water - rather than go to all the hassle of fixing this (it is a common known problem) I simply sealed the sunroof up and removed the handle from the winder to prevent anyone accidentally trying to open it - it is repairable should someone wish to do this.

Drivers seat is showing some wear marks where you rub it climbing in but the material is not ripped.

Fitted with original LR option Harman Kardon 6 CD Changer but this stopped working shortly after I bought it. The CD changer works but the dash stereo doesn't seem to pick it up. Since I didn't really use it I never bothered to dig into the problem but suspect it is a lose wire or similar.

All fully functioning and MoTed in the spring/summer - quite happy to put a full 12 months MoT on if selling at an appropriate price (and can rewaxoyle it too if desired).

I've owned and run this vehicle daily for 2 years before getting my current vehicle, at which point this vehicle has been used as a spare and by my lady friend for ferrying the children/grandchildren about. However, I have no need for it and she is going to purchase something newer.

This vehicle would be ideal for someone who wants a weekend comfortable utility vehicle, a cheaper towing vehicle or a winter weather motor.

Has two sets of wheels, one fitted with part worn BFG All Terrains, the other with full road tyres.

LR adjustable tow hitch.

Priced to sell since I don't really have space for it anymore.

Vehicle is at Cathy's at present so haven't got up to date pictures but these can be supplied.

Edited by - Nifty on 31 Jan 2012 23:55:17

• 2 months later...

Have been sitting on this since the previous prospective buyer "wasn't allowed to add it to the driveway" *tongue*

Only change from previous advertisement is that I did pressure wash the chassis and waxoyle it in November (use special tube to spray inside the chassis rails) - this was done thoroughly and took me a whole Sunday afternoon.

Did take some pictures for previously interested persons, which can be seen here.

(Later pictures were taken during waxoyling operation ... and so hence wet and shiny chassis .. this has dried/cured now and looks the usual dull black).

Will try to get some more taken outside over the coming weekend.

Needs to go because it's in my way.

Edited by - Nifty on 1 Feb 2012 00:06:42