Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Halfords Magnatec offer - now with added Comma deal

StuB

Spotted this in the local Halfords over the weekend, but I don't tend to use Castrol. However, I spotted this bulk deal on Comma Motorsport 5W-50, which is identical to the Caterham Motorsport oil as well as the Halfords Motorsport oil: click me. Works out at £72.89 delivered for 20 litres or £3.65/litre. Ideal if you want to stock up on oil or club together with other members and get a load in to put on the shelf.

Nice one Mankee, anybody interested in going halves on this deal? I'd pay on my credit card and either collect a cheque on delivery or bank transfer. Could deliver anywhere in the Midlands or because of my job even down to the South West.

Let me know if you're interested.

Stu

I asked about the Halfords Motorsport oil price with the trade card ages ago and it worked out at well over £20 for 5 litres still. Actually, just checked and it's now called the Track Day Oil at £36.99 for 5 litres. So I can't see trade customers getting anywhere near a third off.

Yes, except I'm referring to the link in Mankee's post.

My local motor factor has done it for me at £21 per 5l can for the last 4 years. However the Halfords price for 4 pack case works out at £16.50/5l can if I go collect.

Just wondered if a Trade card would go further?

I will almost certainly buy a case at the Halfords case deal advertised price.

Peter

Quoting 6speedmanual: 
Yes, except I'm referring to the link in Mankee's post.

My local motor factor has done it for me at £21 per 5l can for the last 4 years. However the Halfords price for 4 pack case works out at £16.50/5l can if I go collect.

Just wondered if a Trade card would go further?

I will almost certainly buy a case at the Halfords case deal advertised price.

Peter

I think Mankees link is for the Comma label. Same oil but different supplier/label?

Nice find Mankee *thumbup* but I have just changed to 5w40 *mad*

Oh dear. ☹️

Dear Customer, Unfortunately we have had to refund all our customers orders over the past few days due to IT failure. We are aiming to resolve this issue over the next couple of weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience caused Thanks, Whatengineoil.com

I have ordered too, at about 11:50 today. Too good a deal to miss.

Although I did offer my local motor factor, where I'm a well known regular, the opportunity to match on case of 4 - they implied that their cost price is already more than that... and recommended I go for it at that price.

Let's see if it materialises. Will keep you posted.

Peter

Seems to be a massive amount of interest in the Comma oil. Shame we can't buy a drum of the stuff to share out. Or maybe organise a large group buy with a motor factor or even Comma direct, if they deal with the public and/or clubs. 🤔

Mankee I have previously organised bulk buys of the comma oils, but it is an absolute nightmare to get it distributed.

If you want to help out with a bulk buy I can organise the ordering and pricing and payment, but you'd need to organise the delivery side of it.

Let me know if you think it's worth doing.