Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sprint and Hillclimb Wheels?

cskip

I know that this discussion has been done to death before, but wanted to explore any options that I haven't spotted. I am looking for a set of strong and classic looking wheels that are as light as possible without blowing a huge dent in next years motorsport budget.

Thus far the three options that I have been toying with are:

1. Barnby Wheels – They are great, but don’t fit the budget and I not sure I want to be crack testing frequently the mag centres!

2. Billet 3 piece wheels from Image or 7tips. Again these blow the budget.

3. Compomotive CXR – These are about the right budget, but I am not keen on the design. They aren’t very classic looking!

I did find an interesting comparison of wheel weights here. This suggests to me that the superlite wheels could be a good option to explore.

So my challenge to the POBC is what other wheel options should I be considering that are a reasonable cost and light?

Rob/Simon - Have red an eye opening thread from a few years back. So Superlite are off the list 😳

As for style. I like the minilight, 4 or 5 spoke revolutions and going against popular trends I like the Jupiters that I run now, but they weigh far too much!

Chris - Thanks. Good idea. I will explore the weight and cost.

I've got a set of genuine minilites, uk made, look nice, strong but suprisingly heavy compared to my barnbys. The compomotives are uk made and I'm sure just as good.

There are a lot of cheap wheels about which are of Chinese origin. Personally I would avoid them.