Click here if you are having website access problems ×

: Carbon cycle wings

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

Hi,

I'm looking for an unpainted set of CF cycle wings to suit 13" wheels. Ideally I'm after a set of original CC ones with the dull diagonal weave and no holes at all as I'm going to sikaflex them on and the car doesn't have indicator repeaters.

TIA

Nick

• Area Representative

Hi Steve,

thanks for the pointer and I'll bear them in mind. Do you have contact details for Bryn?

Chris - they are ones from Carbon Bits that Martin (Smith *biggrin*) fitted. Why have you removed them? From memory though they are a shiny finsh? What type of price are you after, perhaps blatmail me if it suits?

Cheers

Nick

Nick,

Just a personal thing that I didn't like the look of them, they appear to be quite a narrow profile (I'll measure it tonight) and what with the modified (lowered) stays I have on my car I was just compromised all round with tyre clearance (by either rubbing the stays or if using spacers then rubbing the arches!), of course I could just buy CR500s and not have had a problem.

No idea what they're worth, BM me an offer if interested & I'll throw in postage.

Chris *wavey*

I've got a pair that fell off my car on the Carrotland Autumn Blat yesterday, only one of them was at speed.

I can't honestly vouch for the bighead-and-araldite approach, the inner layer of carbon stayed attached to the wingstay and the rest of the wings did their own individual airborne pirouettes before landing on the verge.

The one that came off at *ahem* 70mph on the A428 got higher style points (double backflip and pike), but a level of cosmetic surgery is required. The one that came off in a Norfolk village has survived with just a small gravel rash. If you dragged the latter behind you on a piece of string, at speed, you could probably get it to match its brother nicely.

Both are technically functional although neither will enhance the looks of a car, unless it was assembled with a lump hammer.

Yours for a donation to NTL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nick - I've got a pair of painted (bright red) carbon wings on race stays, ideal for 13 inch wheels.

Probably need repainting as I caught one of the wings a couple of times on the fridge *redface* when reversing into the garage. But otherwise in good nick, and they are already Silkoflexed onto the wing stays.

Don't know what they're worth but shout if you're interested.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...