Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Best value data logger ????? ....

Jason Plato

Sorry, not posting much these days (new job, new location, goodbye 10hrs/day in front of the Internet!). Anyways, onto the MyChron logger -

Most of it was gone over in that previous thread. At the moment, we're running it on the 250cc we've got (lovely 10mb video of the kart over in Clarkey's gallery on BookaTrack.

On the kart it's been great, bright lights, full replay in real time in the pits and then analysis on the PC afterwards. We're running the Kart Gold Plus, which is basically the Car Gold Plus minus the two pressure inputs (I was too impatient to wait for the car one :) ).

For ~£500 (inc VAT) you get the LCD display which shows revs (rising rate bar graph), revs numerical, two temps, two pressures, laptimes, speed, eight sequential shift lights, two over temp, two over pressure lights, gear indicator. Add in the software that gives laptimes, trackmaps and all the usual toys.

Accelerometers are in the box so the display can be steering wheel mounted. It's supplied with the rpm sender, speed sender, one temp sender and the lap beacon. I'm so in love with the thing I think I'm going to buy another one for the car and leave this one on the kart!

Speak with Graham at Speedline (www.speedlog.co.uk) for further info or feel free to drop me a line if you'd like a look at it (kart is in Maidenhead, logger will be either there or Stamford). Top piece of kit *thumbup*

Graeme.

graeme finlayson / tyre warmer / fluke motorsport

gee_fin@hotmail.com / www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Spoke to Stack at Brands and they told me a replacement latG sensor was 300 quid. What a shower of sh1te, bunch of profiteering b@stards. When people are producing twin axis accelerometer loggers for a couple of hundred quid you just know the sensors don't cost that much.

Anybody tell me where I really get a replacement 🤔