Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Arch Refurbed bare 1999 SLR Chassis No. 54

Simon.Rogers1

I am selling a genuine 1999 SLR Chassis with V5 and all relevant papers.

I bought this over a year ago with a view to building it into a Busa engined sprint/hill climb car. I have now decided to change to plan B which is to put the Busa into my already sorted car!

It has been back to Arch for a full strip/blast/check re powder coat and re skin. Black panels to cockpit and engine bay, removable gearbox mount and additional gussets to the diff mounting points ready for bigger power.

The chassis already had a removable diagonal in the engine bay and now has some additional bushes in the lower chassis rail ready to accept the Hyabusa engine mounts.

The car has not been painted and most of the panels still have the blue plastic protection still in place.

Its ready to build a new car. It could very simply be returned to SLR/400 spec or Duratec or Hyabusa. For competition it also means not CAT is required being pre 2000.

It has a lowered floor on the drivers side and all the bushes are in place for a cage.

Price includes New De dion tube and radius arms. Used but good condition A frame.

I have a whole range of other parts on the shelf which will effectively bring you close to building a new SLR/400.

Front hubs, uprights, toe links.

AP brakes and discs

Standard rear brake calipers hubs and discs.

I have used wishbones but not refurbed yet - in good condition though.

I also have my R400 engine and MBE mapped to 219bhp. (Including Starter and alternator, engine mounts, engine loom etc)

Caterham 6 Speed Gearbox

Prop shaft to suit (just refurbished and balanced

Caterham Dry sump kit

Choice of ZF differentials - 3.92 or 3.6 LSD

SLR - Roll cage 1 year old

Brand new fuel tank.

Drive shafts - one brand new one serviced checked balanced but used.

Water system header tank (round style)

All the hoses associated with a K Series install.

QED remote thermostat housing.

Wide front wings (Carbon Mods Fibreglass - Black) on Seven Speed wing stays

AVO Dampers wide body ali - to my spec like new only done max 100 miles

Set of CXR 7" fronts and 8.5" rear wheels in Graphite with good soft Kumho's

No IVA required after re build as it has a V5.

It has good number plate K80 RUM. I would ask the new purchaser to sell back this number to the original owner once the car has been re built and MOT'd as I had previously agreed to do so. I obviously can not insist. Agreed price for the plate is £500.00

So why not build your ideal spec car on a genuine SLR chassis.

Chassis For Sale at exactly what it has cost me £7500.00 - All the other parts are negotiable.

Buyer of the chassis will have first choice of all the additional parts.

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 24 Oct 2011 10:05:35

Its not fully rolling but close. You would need all the bolts and fixings etc as I purchased the bare chassis.

It includes a new de ion tube, used A frame (good nick), re furbed radius arms, used rear arb.

My engine, gearbox etc are also available - you could build a SLR out of all the parts. Duratec or Busa.

I have uprights, brakes discs etc but they are not included in this price.

Sounds like a great starter for a fellow sprinter to embark upon that long lusted for Busa project 😬

Not trying to butt in on Simon's sale but just incase it helps encourage someone mindset to start on a winning project-

I am contemplating selling my barely used top spec 1397cc class 5 record busting Busa engine, would be complete with dry sump system & a bored out set of Busa throttle body's *thumbup* *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...