Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Advice on upgrading.

Gavinsmithartist

Given you haven't been on track with it I'd give that a go before looking at mods. You'll be nice and safe at an L7C club day with lots of other 7s esp in the novice section (assuming they still do this). Get some tuition on the day and you'll realise how much your own driving is/isn't limiting you. You'll then have the decision whether to track bias any mods or road bias them.

Having been through loads of damper manufacturers products myself I'd steer well clear of this mod at this stage but a high revving engine and great brakes make anyone feel better on a sunny day! Tyres do give you more grip but you also wind up travelling at higher speeds to get there which limits the fun factor on the road. I also like my LSdiff for the drive it gives out of corners where previously I would spin up a wheel, but I suspect it helps to have some reasonable power to use with it first.

If you start modifying it's a slippery slope and restraining yourself on spend can be a challenge. Once you start going faster, lots of other things start to need changing and they're not immediately obvious.

Quoting millsn: 

If you start modifying it's a slippery slope and restraining yourself on spend can be a challenge. Once you start going faster, lots of other things start to need changing and they're not immediately obvious.

Yep I am learning this the hard way 😳

"a high revving engine and great brakes make anyone feel better on a sunny day! "

Mintex brake pads are a great upgrade for not a lot of money *thumbup*