Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham K series Lightweight Flywheel

Robbins

For sale:- a Caterham Lightweight Flywheel that was intended for a 1.4 to 1.8 conversion.

(1400s use the Rover-36/2 pattern (2 missing teeth) whereas 1600/1800s are the Rover-36/4 pattern) but if you are running an Emerald this will be irrelevant.

I would like to sell it as a package that includes the flywheel, a

new set of high tensile bolts, a helix fast road clutch pressure plate and drive plate complete with a CRB fitted to an alloy release bearing carrier from Burton with all machining done as per the article in Low Flying.

😬 😬 *wavey*

Revised to add apart from the flywheel all other parts are new and were never fitted!

£435 plus Postage

Edited by - robbins on 5 Oct 2011 10:14:11

Edited by - robbins on 5 Oct 2011 13:28:39

• Leadership Team

The lightweight flywheel as fitted to the 1400s was the same as the original SLR lightweight at around 3.3kg (IIRC), the R500 is approx 2.8kg.

The difference as Robbins has mentioned is the 36/2 pattern rather than the 36/4 used on the 1600/1800s. Also the missing-teeth-pattern is created by circular holes in the flywheel face, whereas the R500 flywheel has square teeth standing proud of the surface, but this is purely method of manufacture.

If running an Emerald on an EU2 engine this makes no difference whatsoever - I ran a 1400 swapped to 1800 on Emerald/TBs/1400 flywheel.

Stu.

Edited because I must type faster ... your weights may be more accurate than I remember!

Edited by - sforshaw on 5 Oct 2011 13:04:00