Click here if you are having website access problems ×

calling all graduate racers

wonkey eyed barmaid

am I correct in thinking that you graduate guys use classic live axle cars??

if so, are you using the standard live axle, or an uprated version?

ive just found the diff on my 99 classic vx1600 is shot, (bevel wheel has lost 2 teeth, and subsequently has also broken all the teeth on the crown wheel) and I need a replacement.

you guys must go through a lot of diffs by doing regular track work - so where do you get the repalcements...?

how much, and how easy to find?

or can I just replace the bevel and crown wheels? where could i get these?

thanx!

as a follow up to my questons about live axle diffs above - can any of you guys tell me what ratio diff is fitted to a 99 classic live axle??

do these diffs fail frequently?? surely after only 4000 miles I should not be needing a new diff. I hope this is a freak breakage, and not something Im gonna have to change every 4k!

Speak to Andy MacMillan on 07974 440007 who supplies the ones for the Graduates championship.

They are a 4.1:1 ratio, and seem to be fairly random about breaking to be honest, although the Grad cars use wooden tyres which shouldn't stress it too much. That said, the way they drive them certainly doesn't do them any good. From memory they're around the £200 exchange, but Andy should be able to sort you out.

Stuart