Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Question regarding apollo tanks

Alias

I currently use my car for pure road use, but am hoping to take it on the track a few times a year.

Would an apollo be worth the cash and effort, or am I best off looking at my oil pressure and listening out for any strange noises from the tappets on the occasions that my car is on the track.

Rob

I'd fit an Apollo, the problem of surge is it affects the bottom end so you won't hear anything until it's too late, watching the gauge might give you enough time to avoid serious damage but it's quite difficult to drove the circuit and get the line right if you're looking at the gauge all the time

IIRC PeterC suggested that you can wreck the bearings in a matter of 2 to 3 seconds if there's no oil pressure

See you there

ps the Noble's going!

Mark

I got lots of horrible noises from the cam followers on long right hand bends on my first track day without an Apollo and I'm on list 1A tyres (Potenzas). I think they're essential if you intend to make the most of track days.

Ken

Edited by - kenevans on 5 Oct 2002 18:39:45

I was wondering why my followers were rattling when I went round roundabouts at speed.

Consequently decided I couldn't wait until Christmas - I put the order into Caterham today (full kit was £170 + VAT).

Upgraditis is setting in. Next purchase will be an aeroscreen.

Thanks Peter,

That was a very clear explaination. Seems I will not need one on my next car as it will be dry sump.

Off the subject, you replied to me the other week saying that the powder coating on the chassis and panels is now much improved. I would like to have a chat sometime if it was possible.

Richard in France

E-mail: sales@goodville-engineering.com