Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Mad new cam cover - bulk buy?

Julian Thompson

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the pipes leading to the standard cam cover are thread-tapped into it? If so, it wouldn't take a geat effort to do the same in the new cover, except you'll have to be careful where you drill the holes to ensure it's nowhere near to the cam lobes. I'd guess it's be best to drill/tap a hole nearer to the centre line of the cover.

Anyone know if there's enough clearance?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Can I still get one or am I too late? (Just found the thread)

Cheers

Peter Simons

----

Modern man embraces the machine. The machine exists to make him happy. I shall provide man with the machines that make him happy.

- Par Bonk 1893

Hmmm - I have been looking at my EU3 and trying to remember what my old EU2 looked like, and I am thinking that it ain't gonna work, unless I get something slightly different so may have to drop out. Will send some photo's tomorrow however there seem to be more differences than when I first thought...

*thumbdown* for each of the coils I need 2 holes tapped so they can bolt in the correct place

*thumbdown* there seems to be some sort of sensor which is again bolted onto the cam cover and possibly goes into the bit where the cam is

*thumbdown* on the plenum side 2 pipes going into the cam cover one to the butterfly housing and the other into the plenum

*mad*

Rob

RIghty then. Points of note today:

1) Anodisation available in RED, BLUE, BLACK or SILVER(!). Cost will be an extra £15. I think a black one with linished fins would look awesome! If anyone wants to confirm anodisation please mail me your requirements.

2) Tony is beginning work on a wet sump prototype today that will use a lovely new machined oil cap and integral breather output setup. He's going to make it a bolt on solution for any car using a wetsump K.

3) Rob. I can't see a huge issue though clearly your EU3 cover will require some different machine work from everyone elses. Since Tony made mine as a one off and charged me £140 I think it sensible that we treat yours in the same way, depending on exactly the extent of the changes needed. I'll wait for the pictures.

Cheers Julian - I left my card reader at work 🙆🏻 which i why I cannot send now

it seems like it may be best for me to work direct rather than let you be piggy in the middle, my car is going to be off the orad for a while now so gives me plenty of time to sort it out

rob

Updated list:

Latest list - Rob now deleted.

001 Hoopy (BOLT KIT)

002 Nige V7 (BOLT KIT)

003 Count

004 John Howe (BOLT KIT)

005 TopHose (BOLT KIT)

006 David Ward

007 Clive (BOLT KIT)

008 Mark Durrant

009 Johnty Lyons

010 Lawrence Hoy

011 Mark Boardman (BLACK ANODISED, BOLT KIT)

Any more takers?