Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Mad new cam cover - bulk buy?

Julian Thompson

Just got the first cam cover.

Very, very nice, weight 1300 grams playing against 2500grams for the old assembly complete.

Also, it is VERY strong, much stiffer than the old one.

Pics to be viewable at www.btinternet.com/~v11ufo/modifications.htm

very shortly.

Anyone wanting one of these for definate should let me know.

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 20 Oct 2002 22:26:18

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"dogs danglies " was my first utterance on seeing the pix 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup*

I definitely want one (and a light weight battery actually). Is there going to be a single batch made up or will they be available for order at short(ish) notice in the future 🤔

I'm not exactly flush with cash at the moment but if its now or never then tell me where to send the cheque

*smile*

HOOPY Membership Number 4136 R706KGU

Julian, put me down for one. That a big, yes please!

Now if you can get them produced in time for the London to Brighton Old Crocks run I could use it to cook the sausages on, rather than Tony Isherwood's BBQ

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the 222bhp yellow Sausage delivery machine

JH

Julian,

Hope you don't mind me mentioning again that without a breather solution:

THIS CAM COVER IS FOR DRY SUMP APPLICATIONS ONLY.

Just in case anybody missed the first page. It might be an idea to put a sticker on each one going out to the same effect, just in case.

jus' trying to help

Paranoid Peter

Peter - not paranoid. Just sensible.

I reckon it would not be so tough to create a breather setup apart from maybe the fact that the cover is flat and so doesn't "usher" the gases into the breather channels like std? Bollocks? Dunno.

Anyhow, it'd need a cap and I think we ought contain ourselves to DRY SUMP USERS ONLY for now; perhaps with a view to a MK2, non sausage cooking, wet sump version at a slightly later date?

I torqued my cover to 10lbft using some nifty stainless capheads; does this sound a sensible torque?

I used no gasket, instead opting to create a seal using the ubiquitous "Blue Hylomar". This doesn't harden and won't create little bits when the seal is broken - pooftah's ( 😬) could use the original gasket but of course this weighs 148g and will certainly slow down your lap times 😬.

Ahem.

(I was thinking about Ti bolts but a quick reality check brought me back from the F1 design studio at Ferrari................)

Yikes Yikes Yikes.......

Lots of messages, calls, interest. Bloody hell.

Erm - please form an orderly queue and E-Mail me definate comfirmation of your order for one of these covers; they will be numbered as a "limited edition 😬" since I won't be doing this again; (okay, maybe a wet sump one)

I will allocate the numbering on the basis of the time a definate commitmant was made: So far I have the following:

(If you have mailed me and your name is below then great, If your name is below but YOU HAVEN'T MAILED ME then please do so in order that I can easily contact you.)

If you are not below then you're not in the frame yet.......

So far I have:

000 (me) ! (prototype)

001 Hoopy

002 Nige V7

003 Count

004 John Howe

005 TopHose

006 David Ward

007 Clive

So there are still quite a few on the list who need to make there mind's up. Once we're upto 10 I'm going to give it the nod and call it a day unless anyone else comes in quickly after that..........

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 22 Oct 2002 23:33:34

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 22 Oct 2002 23:36:51